06/12/2009

the orange boy - appelsiinipoika



Neither orange nor oranges have ever been my favourite things, but suddenly the colour seemed just right for the little blonde boy. The cap came first, then I sewed the fleece scarf to go with it. And added pom poms! I'm glad I did, for the past damp and grey weeks surely have been brightened by this vivid combo.


I must confess I went a bit, erm... overboard in the fabric shop. All those fleeces, in all those shades! Wouldn't O. need a scarf also in grey and turquoise? And could I possibly make something of the pale violet one? So I ended up buying fleece. A lot of it. To my defence I can say they are (almost) all sewn now. They turned into puffy, soft scarves with woolly pom poms. There's no way O. could use all of them ( I did come to my senses about that), so I'm going to compose a separate post with pictures, in case anyone of you readers is interested in getting one. A scarf could be a nice Christmas present for a child!

(Pictures from Monday morning, when there wasn't any snow yet...)



Oranssi sen enempää kuin appelsiinitkaan eivät tavallisesti kuulu lempiasioihini, mutta noin vain äkillisesti väri alkoi näyttää hyvältä pikku blondillani. Ensin löytyi kypärämyssy kaupasta, sitten ompelin kaveriksi muhkean fleecehuivin. Villavat tupsutkin laitoin! Hyvä että tuli tehtyä, sillä viime viikkojen harmaus ja märkyys vähän kirkastuivat reipasta appelsiinipoikaa katsellessa.


Tunnustettava on, että kangaskauppareissu meni vähän, hmm... överiksi. Niin paljon fleeceä, niin monissa sävyissä! Eikö poika tarvitsisi myös harmaan huivin - ja turkoosin? Jospa vaalean lilastakin saisi jotain ihanaa? Niin sitten päädyin ostamaan sitä fleeceä, paljon. Puolustuksekseni voin sanoa, että (melkein) kaikki kankaat on nyt ommeltu. Niistä tuli pehmeän pulleita huiveja, villatupsuineen kaikkineen. Mitenkään ei O. voi niitä kaikkia käyttää (ha, tässä asiassa tulin järkiini), joten kokoan huiveista oman postauksen kuvineen - kenties joku teistä lukijoista tahtoo hankkia yhden. Huivi voisi olla mukava joululahja lapselle!

(Kuvat maanantaiaamulta, jolloin ei vielä ollut lunta...)

No comments: